1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A new one on me

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dubya, Dec 29, 2010.

1. dubya

dubya Junior Member
    from NY

Monday in NY I had a good laugh when passing a house, a guy was in his driveway with a propane bottle and a roofing torch to melt a mound of snow! I laughed for an hour after that each time I thought of it.
  2. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Lol, Should of pulled over and offered snow removal services.
  3. Xmas1

Xmas1 Junior Member

There must have been a sale on them somewhere. I passed a guy about a week ago using the same thing on the ice at the end of his drive. I couldn't help thinking he would be there until spring.
  4. D&E

D&E Senior Member

You talking about something like this?

5. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

The original snow dragon!!!!
  6. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I have to burn some ice out of a 50' gutter once or twice every spring. I don't totally melt the ice, that would take forever, but I do get it soft enough to break with a shovel.
  7. dubya

dubya Junior Member
    from NY

No it was an older torch but had a big head on it like your picture. It had a neoprene hose from the tank and the torch was about 2' long.