1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a new low...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

$99 Unlimited Snowplowing
    Contract! Don't be fooled by
    "the calm before the storm."
    15 years exp. 5 trucks. Call
    Metro Exteriors.
    (585)581-2468

I spit my coffee out when I read this ad. He better hope the storm doesn't come:D

2. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

The season is half over, so I bet he charges $200 a year, still he is way to cheap. I bet you $50, he doesn't have 5 trucks that run!

3. Ian

Ian Member

You get what you pay for.

I am sure they can do it for 99 dollars but the service will reflect the price.

I bid on a restaurant that wanted limited salting and a snow plow trigger of 4". My bid was for complete service, plow, shovel, salt. Seasonal contract with no trigger, if it snows or is icy. I will be there, period. They wouldn't take it. I wanted complete responsibility or none of it.

They wanted me to agree to their trigger and I said find someone else.

4. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

LOL That is Rochester for you!:dizzy: :dizzy:

5. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

The thing is... Most of the $99-125 unlimited guys around here actually do a half way decent job and show up for than you would expect.. Of course there are a few hackers, but most of the cheapies are actually good..

Just can't understand why they would work so cheap

6. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

i know of someone who ran an add like that.....he got tons and tons of people sending him money......he didnt have a truck and he never planned on plowing any of the drivways haha

7. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Wouldn't that be considered fraud????

8. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

they can do that cause there is no overhead. its untaxed income. theres no insurance, little overhead and if something breaks tey just call it quits.

9. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Yeah that is why when I tell people a price for the season they get all pissed off and tell me to leave. :realmad:

10. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Murphy

How the heck can they do that
    No Insurance...Or over head??:dizzy:
    They have to have the insurance to get the contract most of the times
    Let er Snowpayup

11. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

i hope it snows alot they wont be around to run another add like that ,its people like them that ruin it for the professional companies .I had many jobs that i bid on and was told they were being charged 30.oo including salt and I cant even touch that price. And then they say you do mine for 30.00 and i tell all my other people about you !! The job should be 75.00-100.00 each push and 1 ton of salt at 125.00 so it should be around 225.00 total .especially seeing it is a gas station .hate to have someone fall .well the first snow fall the season the guy for 30.00 did not show up ,next thing i know is my brother calls asking to use one of my trucks to plow a gas station i asked him which one and its the same damn gas station ,he broke my fathers plow truck and could not fix it so he was trying to do these accounts before my dad knew he broke the truck (hoping to fix i guess) but realized 30.00 would not fix the truck !!!Si told him to shovel it (he said that sucks )Needless to say i got my 225.00 and his other 3 gas stations at 225.00 a peice per push woohoo My brother has relized he has gotten in way over his head ..See he used to work for me untill last year when i caught him stealing time in one of my trucks so we parted company this year...hes crying and im still laughing there are two kinds of people that just piss me right off liars and theives ...just my 2 cents

12. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

man thats rought , thats youre own brother...my brother works for me 2, and im the boss and all that and hes a real idoit somtime,s but he my brother and i cant fire him or anything, its just the way it is, that suycks for the family,,,