1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A new addition to our fleet.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DellDoug, Oct 22, 2009.

1. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

So here is another new addition to the fleet. This is our 16th loader. The Arctic sectional for it will be here tomorrow. It will be a 14ft unit. JRB quick attatch.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking loader. how many loaders do you run during the season?
  3. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

We have 16 loaders over 2.5 yd equipped with different attatchments like blades and pushers. We also have some smaller units like Kubota 125's with snow wings (3) and 570 Case loaders with snowwings and buckets (quick attatch) and some skid steers, etc.....
  4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

What is the biggest pusher you can get away with on a machine that size? Also what types of accounts do those machines service the best? Thanks.
  5. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i would say he does driveways with these loaders. maybe a few gas stations too:laughing:
  6. WIPensFan

I wouldn't mind doing my driveway with it! :D
  7. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I think I'm going to come over for a visit tomorrow and take that bad boy out for a spin. How do you like your coffee?
  8. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Very nice machine. Judging by your photo album, I take it your a big Case guy?

What do you do with all the equipment in the summer months? I'm kind of hoping you tell me nothing and all you do is plow snow because I'm so interested in how some guys do that. I would love to only plow snow on a large scale.
  9. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Well I am not sure of exactly how big you a pusher youcould go with but we have pushed 20ft of snow pusher with a similar sized machine. We use our loaders for mostly large industrial and commercial account. We try and set up the machine to have 4 to 5 hours work per unit/location. Seems to work quite well for us.
  10. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Sure sounds good. I will be in tomorrow after 11am and I would like a med black coffee no sugar. Thanks.
  11. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Yes we are quite commited to Case. We have over 25 Case machines in the fleet. We have had good luck with them and when you standardize a fleet shopping and service of equipment gets a little easier. So we have stuck with them for a number of years now. We also get great support from our local dealers.

All we do is plow snow. Your right;in the summer we park everything and wait for the following winter
  12. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Now I'm very envious. I have talked for years of being able to stop landscaping and just do snow, but I am not quite there. I have been growing very quickly, I am in my third year plowing and I am doing 100% commercial lots with stuff such as Lowes. But the budgeting is just not there yet to be able to shut down for 3 seasons. If you don't mind me asking, did you start right out only doing plowing? Or did you stop services during other seasons?
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  13. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Nice Machine. I could help you find some work for those loaders. We are busiest in the summer and we plow snow just to keep busy and pay a few bills. Have the Case loaders improved in quality in the last 10 20 years? Years ago we had a case W20, W30 and a 580 RT Backhoe and they seemed to wear out quickly. One thing I liked about the case loaders we had was at the time the cab was mounted to the front end of the loader instead of the rear and they seemed to turn better when pushing snow when compared to our CAT s that are the same as you new case.
  14. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Well I used to be in the trucking and excavating business but about 8 years ago I decided to only plow snow. I am not as young as I used to be. :blush2:
  15. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

W20, W30, LOL!! Now that was a few models ago. We have been running the new series of Case loaders since the mid 1990's. They have great durability and resale has been very good, We are very happy with the product and feel it compares very well against any other manufacturers current efforts.

Comparing the new Case loaders to W20's or 30's is like me comparing your Cat's to old 922 straight frame machines tymusic
  16. NorthDakota

NorthDakota Member

Nice loader...Those loaders are made in my home town of Fargo ND, I actually have a buddy who is an engineer on the 621's. Last Year the college I work for just purchased an 821...we run to 821''s and a JD 644...actually picked it up at the plant...I like the Case loaders too....they have out pushed our JD loader by a ton. I have pics of ours on my member page.
  17. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Wow you have some great pics. We have a couple of 821's too. They do push like crazy!! Nothing it seems stops them. That is why we are now buying 621's. They are a little more forgiving on things like curbs and islands. :)
  18. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Sweet rig.
  19. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yep- and if you want your house taken down at the same time- they'll take care of it too! ;)
  20. WIPensFan

That's good info, Thanks!