1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A merry Christmas to make you smile

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by firstclasslawn, Dec 25, 2005.

1. First, I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas....then I thought that you guys would smile if you saw this picture I took.

2. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Nice!!!! Also nice lawn you have there. Very nice solid stripes!!!!!
  3. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

striped lawn and snow on the ground at the same time. Doesn't get much better then that. Well ok it could if those deer weren't getting more action then me lately. :realmad:
  4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

haha.. wow all your snow melted already? we still have a good foot on the ground
  5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

That looks like the West Side of Grand Rapids. Merry CHRISTmas.
  6. Thats right

Nw side....off 3 mile between fruitridge and walker!!!!!!
  7. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Just a guess ? Merry CHRISTmas
  8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I bet the neighbors love it.

EXCESSIVE FORCE Junior Member

I don't know what's worse the green grass showing in Dec,or two BUCKS going at it....:(
  10. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

That right there is damn funny.....:D :D :D
  11. Their Reindeer

They are reindeer....and the general vote at the family Christmas party was that all reindeer (male and female) have antlers! but we may be wrong...who knows!

The reindeer (also called the caribou) is a medium-sized member of the deer family. The genus and species of the reindeer are Rangifer tarandus. Reindeer are strong runners and very good swimmers.
    This deer is found in Arctic tundra, forests, and mountains in Russia, Northern China, Canada, Alaska, and Scandinavia. Some reindeer migrate in huge herds from the coastal Arctic to the tundra. Reindeer have a life span of about 10 years in the wild.

Domesticated Reindeer: Reindeer were domesticated in northern Eurasia roughly 2,000 years ago. Today, reindeer are herded by many European and Asian Arctic people.

Anatomy: The reindeer is about 4 feet (1.2 m) tall at the shoulder and is about 6 feet (1.8 m) long. Unlike most other types of deer, both bulls (males) and cows (females) have antlers. The antlers are shed each year and regrow. Reindeer have very wide hooves, a broad muzzle, and thick brown fur. The thick fur traps air, which insulates the reindeer from the cold and helps the reindeer float in water.

Behavior: The reindeer is an herbivore (a plant-eater) who spends most of the day eating. During the winter, reindeer eat lichens and moss; in warmer months, they also eat leaves and herbs.

I stand corrected,but it also says the antlers of the cows are smaller.The antlers in the picture look the same size...Here's the link
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Wow... someone need some snow to plow!;) :)
  14. Well

I am glad to see that we have to reindeer situation cleared up....THEY ARE NOT GAY PEOPLE!!! HA:gunsfiring:
  15. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

It's Rudolph, the HORNY Reindeer!!! :jester:

JKOOPERS Senior Member

i thought raindeer were mule deer
  17. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Whichever they are...one's nervous...and the others glad of it!

YES I NEED SOME SNOW TO PLOW !!payup However i've been VERY busy with the dump truck,but i'm getting sick of the MUD !!:angry:
  19. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder how many landscapers on here noticed that first. I guess because it feels like spring around here right now. I did mow my lawn on christmas this year just to make sure the neighbors still think I am nuts.
  20. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes: Any one who would waste a day like X-Mass by mowing the lawn is certifiable. NUTS>>>:dizzy:

I don't think you have any thing to worry about....... lol
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2005