1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a little welding on my 8000hd

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by docsgmc, Dec 19, 2014.

1. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

i noticed on one of the blizzard plow the torque box buckled so i had them reinforce using steel diamond plate..

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice repair ! Didn't you have a lot of problems with a speeding breaking/ bending as well ? I like the black paint on the back of the plow.
  3. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

Look Again …. That's Not a Speed-wing Plow ...
  4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

You sir are correct! I was asking docsgmc a question about a previous plow that I thought he had similar issues with. Take notice of the "?" in my post ,I didn't call this plow a s.w. l.o.l.
  5. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

I loved the speedwing but I had a lot of problems with the wings. after a few repairs i replaced it with this 8 foot straight blade. on the 8600hd i noticed that both sides buckled and had a crease in them so we did this same repair. my 8000hd didn't have any damage yet since I never used it so I did this just to beef it up. Here are some pics of the 8600HD repair .I don't have the picture of the Buckle But so far its on 3 plows. I should mention that we are talking about 3 deferent snow plows incase there was some confusion. If you have a newer blizzard and look at the back side of the plow just below the middle rib you may notice a dent that goes from top to bottom on a diagonal line. I am not sure why it happens but the front of the blade is fine. The metal that makes up the "Torque box" is thin. Let me know if any of your plows are doing the same thing.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014