1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A little story

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by HD-tech-NH, Nov 1, 2010.

1. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

So a few years ago I bought a chevy half ton with Fisher speedcast. A big move up in the world for me. Considering I had been snow blowing my door yard. One year after buying my yard plow I bought a F-350 PSD that had a Fisher set up on it. Came without a off truck unit or joy stick. This week I decided to pull the trigger and sold my yard truck. Found a nice 8' minute mount 2 for $1500! and sprung for a Fish Stick. Here I am glowing driving home with my new setup. I pulled in the drive to snap a couple pics and dropped the blade. Hit the button to park it and nothing but a big thump from the motor solenoid. WTF! so I popped the hood. You can see the solenoid from the drivers seat. When you hit a button angle or up there was a big thump and sparks flying from the solenoid! crazy. sorry for the long rant! just wanted to share! will trouble shoot tomorrow

[​IMG]

2. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

Here's a pic of the old truck after our first snow last year..... it had no breaks!

[​IMG]

3. Pushinsnow

Pushinsnow Junior Member

Sounds like you may need a new solenoid

4. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

I think so! but I will need to varify with my meter.

5. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

yup pump motor relay for sure. put the meter on it yesterday morning and had a 1.5-3 VDC drop across the terminals. After maybe 10 activations it started smoking and stopped working alltogether. A trip to my local fisher dealer. And $9 later it works like a charm!