1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A little Snow dogg help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rcer, Dec 18, 2015.

1. rcer

rcer Junior Member

I have a 95 Jeep Wrangler that is getting a new plow. I had used a 1978 Meyers for the last 38 years on a Cj-5 and a 94 wrangler. It is shot. Time for a new one. So, decided that snow dogg was the way to go. However, I am trying to decide on which plow to purchase. The Wrangler has 6 leaf springs all the way around and the mount for the new plow has been fabbed using some Meyer's ideas and others that I have developed for strength over the years. I tried a VMD on the jeep and low and behold, it lifts it right up and does not sink more than about a half inch. Have not put on the Md but at 300 pounds lighter I doubt there would be much movement there. I know the VMD is designed for the 1/2 ton pickups but it sure would be nice to have the V for my drives with lots of drifting in them!

So the big question, What do you think about going with the VMD? I would probably add a couple hundred pounds ballast in the back as I am sure there would be a lot of bouncing on the road, but does it seem worth the expense and whatever else may occur?? Thanks for any and all replies.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I would definitely go that route. There's another user on these forums who uses a larger V Plow on his wrangler and seems to love it. Personally, I'm all about the biggest plow you can fit, replacing some front end parts every few years is worth the added efficiency

3. rcer

rcer Junior Member

Thanks for the info. If you should find out who it is that has the V on the Wrangler I would appreciate a heads up so I can send him a message and
    see what he thinks etc. Thanks

4. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Go to the Jeep section. It is the Boss UTV plow for UTV's. Problem is, at least where I live there is only one Boss dealer and he will not put anything on that the manufacturer lists for a vehicle due to liability.

Can be done if you have the skills and a welder or you know someone that will do it on the side.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Do it. You'll be fine.

6. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

contact Storks in Reading ,PA they can answer any questions you have.

7. rcer

rcer Junior Member

To Harleyjeff, I am assuming (not always a good thing to do!!) that since you have the snow dogs, you mean going with the snow dogg V as well. Thanks.

8. tdlanders

tdlanders Junior Member

Post some photos

9. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Yes. Do it.

10. rcer

rcer Junior Member

Well, turns out that the V just will be too heavy so am going with the md 75 instead. Really a shame as I was kind of looking forward to not being thrown around even in my own driveway by drifts. Oh well, perhaps something better will come along in the future. I can see already that this will take some more modification as well. Don't like how far forward everything sits.

11. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Meyer VLD is only 580lbs vs Dogg VMD at 700.. Might work for you...