1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A little pile of snow from the last storm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jiriki87, Dec 10, 2004.

1. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

This is a picture of last weeks storm- -18 inches of the good ole Champagne Powder. Then again yesterday it snowed another 15 inches in a 12 hour time frame. It was a rough day, started out with a call from an employee, " hey some girl just side swiped your truck. Just damage to the bed, but still the truck is brand new with 7,000 miles 04' cummins 350 SRW- - 20 year old woman driver. She told the cop that she just did 2 360's coming down the road before she hit my truck. My guy was parked off the side of the road when she hit him. Cop didn't write tickets, but said both drivers were at fault :gunsfiring:

Anyways enough of my rant. The picture is of a pile after one storm and you can only see about 1/2 of the pile.

Have fun plowing

Peter

Resize of DSC00238.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  2. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Wish my business was anywhere close to there.

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

STOP...You are depressing me! No snow yet here in Jersey :cry:

4. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Only one pic? :bluebounc
    What did the girl look like :drinkup: :jester:

5. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

Here's one from my dirveway last week. The piles all around are pretty big, I'll try to take some more tommarrow. Going snow mobiling tommarrow on Rabbit Ears- -close to 3 more feet @ 10,000 feet.

Peter

I didn't even get a good look at the girl because I wanted to punch her b/c of here ignorance while driving her little jeep wrangler @ 2x the speed she should have been going. :realmad:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  6. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

jiriki87,
    Nice setup! Is that your 100" snow bucket. Also, what kind of chains on it?

Thanks,
    Rob

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Must be nice. :( My dad lives in Castle Rock, Colorado.

8. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

Its the 108 1.5 CY bucket made by Bob-cat, don't tell caterpillar. The chains are the high tensile "gold anodized" chains, forget the name. The front ones wear out pretty fast, but I can push so much more snow then with ones just on the back. I'm removing the pile in that photo, normally that 262B has a 9 foot Snow wolf plow on it. The 2003 262 has a blizzard 810SS plow - - but it has broken just about every plow day- you name it cracked welds, solenoids, overall electronics.

Peter

9. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Can you show a pic of front of the that machine with snow bucket. Would love to see it if possible.

Thanks,
    Rob

10. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

Rob,
    Here's the photo you requested of the front of the snow bucket. its from an angle because the trailer is in the way. Hope this helps. Finally got to reap the benefits of the storm on Thursday. Went snow mobiling on Rabbitt Ears today 3 feet of fresh from the last storm

Peter

Resize of DSC00240.jpg

11. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Peter,
    Nice setup! Thanks for the Pics. I might get the 96" bucket.

Thanks,
    Rob

12. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Peter are you having problems with the 262 or the Blizzard?

13. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

The cat machines are great, wish the payment weren't so high. WE are having problems with the blizzard plow. crappy welds for the frame support, where it goes into the plow itself. the plow will only turn to the left, and not go back to the right. will never buy from blizzard again, too much electronic crap to go wrong. later

14. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

A customer calls today and asks if I can go plow and shovel his driveway and decks. The berm from the city was 5 feet tall and concrete. Plowed the berm, snowblowed the driveway and then did the driveway with the plow. then to the back deck, a good solid 3 feet of settled snow pack. The customer, 2nd home just found out today that his regular plow guy had not plowed or shoveled yet this year. Here are a couple of photos of the fun I had this afternoon.

Resize of IMGP0512.jpg

Resize of IMGP0507.jpg

15. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

more pictures

If you have more photos please post them... I need to see some more snow :cry: because we have been getting so little here...

16. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

This isn't a plowing photo, but still relevant to snow. This was two weeks ago in my back yard with the cruiser.

Peter

Resize of DSC00239.jpg

17. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

O know I have seen that rig somewhere else, you a member on pirate?

18. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

Yup, Proffitts Cruisers built it up this summer. Just playing in the yard.