1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A little insurance help please

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by cameo89, Nov 15, 2008.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I just got a full time contract (subbing) I,m required to have $1,000,000 rideres insurance policy, non comm. , does any one have any idea what this might cost me per yr. I go through farm bureal, and my agent is gone hunting untill tues. evening, any help would be great.

Yon

2. mferrari

mferrari Member

I just called and 1,000,000 coverage for myself with a plow on a 01 Ram was just over $2,000 for 6 months and over $4,000 for a full year. These qoutes were both from Allstate and Progessive.

3. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

Holy Cow...for the $1,000,000 coverage, my business insurance for my 95 GMC was $1200 a year and $400 a year for the completed operations insurance. Sorry, Iowa is the cheapest state in the union for vehicle insurance.

4. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

Just got a quote this evening and for 1,000,000 coverage on my 04 Ford and with my killer driving record it was $267 a month

5. Grampa Plow

from Midwest

HOLY CRAP! Highway robbery! :gunsfiring: Is your driving record ok?

6. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

it is now i have been cleaning it up lol but about 3 yrs ago i was hell on wheels now i'm paying for it lol

7. Grampa Plow

from Midwest

Ouch...well, live and learn. You might want to pass that on to some of the other young folks out here!!

8. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Well do a search you will find alot of info on here about this. I pay 2100.00 a year for a commercial policy on my truck and that includes a liability policy of 2 million. I also get slip and fall in that price as well. I don't cover slip and falls in my contract but wanted to cover my butt. Also includes all my tools from theft. Why do they say non commercial? Make sure you get it in writing from your insurance guy if he says you don't need a commercial policy to plow snow. Snow plowing is covered under your auto insurance not liability I know people will say I am wrong but I am not I got burned once by American Family teling me I was covered under a liability policy to plow snow. I should of know better.

Brad

9. mferrari

mferrari Member

Yeah but I am also just shy of 21 years old so insurance is still more.