1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A little help please

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DJ Contracting, Dec 13, 2007.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Ok guys i have a problem in my Western Uni-mount
    The plow lights don't work (what i mean is the headlights do not work in high and low, the running lights do not work) however the turn signals work. Now this is what i have done and replaced.
    1.Replaced relays
    2.Found a broken wire @ the nine pin connector (bk/o) truck side and replaced
    3.Checked & cleaned grounds (seem good)
    4.Have power @ the orange and yellow wires @ the relay

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you check the brown wire on each of the relays to see if they had power with the parking lights on?

They should... but if they don't then you need to trace the harness and find out where the brown wire was tapped into the truck parking light wire..as that's what trip's the relays to switch from the truck to the plow head lights.

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  4. DJ Contracting

Hey thanks guys i did not know the brown wire tripped the relays and i did check that wire and it does not have power, so i'll be chasing the brown wire thanks again i'll let you know what i find.

5. DJ Contracting

Once again this site helped me

Hey just wanted to send a big thank you for the advice that was given, it was the brown wire like what was stated. All i did was find the brown wire near the relays and added a jumper, works fine now.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good deal DJ... gotta love them simple fix's.....

:D Philbilly, is your diagram copyrighted? Hope not cuz I saved a digital copy of it...just for future reference in case someone else needs it too.

7. DJ Contracting

When i used to wrench on cars an older tech taught me that instead of repairing the bad section (usually in the door loom) he just showed me to install a jumper which normally took about 1/2 hour and the charge 1hr. for the repair. anyway thanks again B&B.

8. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

B&B: No, I should have though! :nod: I am just glad that I can help out here and there!

DJ: Glad everything worked out and we could help!

9. DJ Contracting

Yeah thanks Philbilly2.