1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A little help on a bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kramer, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

This is relatively standard, but I really need a sanity check on this.

The specifics are:

I'm in Western Mass.

its a 3 story building with a drive and a parking lot in the back. Its a straight push, but places to put the snow are fairly limited and it looks like pushing into the 2 back corners is the only option. Its all pavement with concrete walk and wooden stairs.

so it's:

parking area--- 50 x 90
    front walk--3 x 20
    2 driveways--18 x 65ft each
    6 std stairways in the back---each have a small open porch area--about 3 wide x 10ft long each--it doesn't look like a lot of snow would acumulate on the stairs or porches.

Now, the owner DEMANDS 50/50 sand/salt on all areas including stairs/porches...

He also wants rock salt ---not anything else--

Its a 1 inch trigger with salt applied at less that.

Plowing has to be in a breakdown of 1-6" 6-12", 12-18" and 18+

I want to break it into 2 parts--- plowing and snow clearing of all areas, and salting of all areas per application---they are all residential housing units.

Now, I know about the salt and non-calcium on concrete walks---its either rock salt or walk away, and I'm not walking away. My bulk salt price is $63 /ton, and I would be mixing the sand myself.....the salt guy is 1 mile from my place.

This is part of multiple properties for this guy and it appears that it would be salt/sand mix use of about 1100 lbs per application--total for all lots/walkways and access areas. All the properties are located within 5 miles of each other.

This one is typical of the rest--- I just need a sanity check because if I'm off a lot, it will add up on the multiple properties.

Thanks for the help