1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A little help here,advice,opinions??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by XXL 4RUNNER, Sep 13, 2011.

1. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

OK, SO I GOT A NEW (TO ME) TRUCK, A 96 SUBURBAN 2500 454 AND I WANT TO USE MY OLD PLOW, HERES MY DILEMA - THE OLD PLOW SETUP IS A MEYER EZ CLASSIC WITH AN E57 PUMP BUT IT ONLY HAS A 6.5 BLADE, WHAT DO I DO??
    1) TRY TO FIND A 7.5 MEYER BLADE? AND IF SO WILL AN E57 BE STRONG ENOUGH TO LIFT IT?
    2) JUST GET A SET OF WINGS? (I'M LEANING TOWARDS THIS)
    3) MAKE SOME KIND OF HOME BREW EXTENSION?
    OR ???
    MONEY IS A MAJOR ISSUE HERE AND IM TRYING TO GET AWAY REALLY CHEAP AT LEAST FOR THIS YEAR. I'M ALSO OPEN TO MAYBE SWITCHING THE WHOLE SETUP IF ONE OF YOU GUYS HAS SOMETHING REASONABLE OR IF SOMEBODY HERE HAS PARTS THAT WILL MAKE MY CURRENT SETUP WORK.
    ALSO IF BY CHANCE I FIND A WESTERN 7'6 OR 8 WILL THAT WORK WITH THE MEYERS STUFF? LOOKS LIKE IT WILL, BUT IM NOT SURE....
    THANKS GUYS. I'M ALL EARS Thumbs Up

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The cheapest route is a set of Buyers PW22 wings. My concern would be is the plow beefy enough to handle that size truck beating on it

3. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

Thats what i was thinkin, just never used wings before...... I know what you mean about the truck too, i have reinforced the mount a bit as i am not impressed with them but i know what your sayin...... Thanks for the quick reply

4. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

Oh btw jim, how well do they work backdragging? Do you sell them? If so how much shipped to 60160? Thanks

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We sell them, they are168.00 for the set, shipping is 30.60. Not real sure how they do back dragging...as with most every wing I have seen, the cutting edge is rubber in case you kiss a curb

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  6. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

search craigslist , there are all kinds of Meyer blades for sale, some cheap, some not. I think your pump will be fine with up to a 7.5.
    I would fab up some 6" extensions though if you have the equipment and the know how.
    I have the material here to add 6" to each side of my C-8 , if I ever get time...lol

7. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

I have been on craigslist, around here everybody thinks a beat up old plow is worth millions!! Thanks for the opinion on the pump. I can fab stuff no problem, do you have a link, pics, or an article on the extensions you were going to fab??? That would help me out alot!! Thanks

8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

the e-57 will lift any of the Meyer blades.

9. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I just went to my local fab shop and got some 3/8" x 2 1/2" angle iron, some 1/2" x 6" x 6" for the cutting edge and had them cut me two 1/8"x 6" by the height of the blade ( I don't recall the exact height) and had them fold it to match the top of the plow. I am going to just weld it on to the edge of the blade, bolt the 6" cutting edge to the angle that I will weld to the existing angle..