1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A liitle bent ?

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by leigh, Sep 4, 2011.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Ran across this sitting in a Lowes parking lot. Is this a common problem?

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That has obviously been abused/neglected...look at the skid shoes...a little past replacement i would say.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

you should have left them the www link for the new instructional video arctic put up
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Its alittle early to be putting equipment on site....:laughing:
  6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

It wasn't early,it was late.I took pictures in June, just uploaded all my pics to comp!
  7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Personall I like picures of bent equipment weather mine or others (prefer others so I didn't have to pay for repair bill) , show them to operators as a reminder, that stuff breaks if they dont pay attention & comes with repair bills which my bottom line & their affects raises.
  8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Let's not forget that everything is bendable and/or breakable. I've seen bent or broken plows in all the various forums. I don't think it's a big deal. It wouldn't prevent me from buying an Arctic Sectional, but I like to see what can happen if it's not used properly.
  9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The LD's are more meant for skids. They say they are good for up to 18,000 lbs but I could fold my 12 and 14 ft's up in one night with a rough operator on a 12000 lb tractor. I wish I had got HD's but I didn't because they said they were good for anything under 18,000 lbs.
  10. fireside

fireside Senior Member

That machine sit's on that account all YEAR. It was bought brand new 2 years ago for plowing only. As for the damage to that sectional. one side was done 3 years ago and the other last year. One was pole damage and the other was a retaining wall. They are a little rough on the unit so it's held up very well. The owner let me try it out then it was brand new. the plow is great
  11. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have 14ft HD. It weighs 3500 pounds. It needs to be on at least a 22,000 pound loader.