1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A lift and a Plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by HDROCK, Feb 24, 2004.

1. HDROCK

HDROCK Junior Member

I have been thinking about getting a plow as some of you know, but I have a question. Can I use a 4 inch suspension lift and a plow. The thing is I'm not really going into the business of plowing I just have alot of family I want to help out, as well as help plow our church parking lot.

Does anyone have a lift and a plow?

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

You will need to drop the frame mount for the plow to work right. It would work "ok" if you just stuffed it on the truck but it should really be lowered. A truck with a suspention lift aint ideal but its workable. What sized tires outa curiosity?

3. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

The way I have compensated for the lift, was to weld a wedge of steel on each side of the A frame, and then remount the connector ears. If you drop the frame mount, you should probably install braces on the mount to maintain the strength of the mount. You can run a plow without doing either, the only problem you will have, is that the trailing end of the plow won't sit on the ground unless you decrease the angle of the plow, in other words at the full angle, the plow will not set on the ground on the trailing edge. Hope this helps.