1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A HAAA I knew it was bad gas!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Eggie329, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

I am now 99% sure my truck has been full of bad gas. I've had a few posts on here about my 99' Ram 1500 misfiring and running rough. I have had two shops go through that truck top to bottom and so have I and could not figure out what was wrong with it. Recently it has been getting better and went about a week without missing. I finally started thinking back and realized the week it ran fine I had filled it up at Valero. I always get gas from the same Speedway in all of my vehicles and three of them have been having fuel related issues lately. I didn't start putting two and two together until I filled it up at Speedway today and it started missing the second I pulled out. I'm now sure it has to be bad gas. Anyone else had problems with Speedway gas?
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

atleast you wernt my friend . he got 2 bad tank fulls of bio diesel and took out the injection pump on frieghtliner tool truck and personal cummins dodge .

and he had just installed a new pump on the dodge less than 1 month before.

3. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

I had a Dakota that did this all the time and i knew of several other trucks that came into the dealer for this issue. I always dumped 2-3 bottle of drygas in the tank and it would be good for a couple months and then back to running like crap. I told the customers to do the same or we would have to drop the tank and clean it. They opted for the drygas and never complained again.
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

and big fyi drygas donst work on e85 or 10-15% mix gas at dispursing the water anymore.

ethenal has around 10x the collection of water than 100% gas.

gona be some big problems in the next few years over the stuff goin on now. :rolleyes: