1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A Good Tire ????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Hvysturg81, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Hvysturg81

Hvysturg81 Junior Member

Any suggestions as to the tires I should buy for plowing and every day use ,02 F-250 super 3/4 cab with a space cap loaded with equipment,also,:gunsfiring: sometimes into the bush for my work also

2. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

hmm.. thats an interesting question that seems to come up time after time. and alot of it has to to with what kind of work you do and what kind of weather conditions you see. if you see a lot of ice. you are going to want a tire that is siped (sp) so that it will grip on the ice as much as it can. where if you get only snow your going to want a good self cleaning tire. my self i run cooper stt's that i get siped and they seem to do the trick for me around the farm and plowing snow. then again im in the midwest. your up in canada..

3. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Do a search right here for Tires... You'll find ALOT of posts.... -And very good info!

4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

^^^ditto^^^

There has been like 6 of these threads in the last month or so.

By the way...I like the cooper m+s.

5. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx Senior Member

The only thing I have, and ever will run are Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's. 265/75/16, or 285/75/16, I have bought 6 sets of both in the last 6 years. The guy I buy tires from has been selling tires for 30+ years and that what he runs. Just keep them rotated, but they are by far the best E load tire.

6. BenW455

BenW455 Junior Member
    from WV

Bfg at 285/75/16

7. rnolloth

rnolloth Junior Member

Nothing better than the BFG AT'S

8. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

Toyo open countrys

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

check out master crafts they have simlar tread designs like cooper at lower price

10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Get the ones made out of rubber.

11. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Cooper ST. Awesome tread, 10 ply, good ride, and reasonably priced.

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Personally, I think you should avoid big lug agressive tread designs. SNOW Tires like Cooper M&S or Courser MSR have smaller lugs closer together with lots of siping. Snow sticks to snow, which is why these work so well. Studding helps. DO NOT buy General Grabber AT2. Poor traction, short lifespan. BFG ATs are the classic if you want to run them all year.

13. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

2COR517, i beg to differ on your opinion. altho yours is yours and mine is mine. i just put on a new set of LT235 85 R16 Grabber AT 2's. On my F-350 SD because ive used both the BFG AT TA's and the Grabber's in the past. And i prefer the Grabber's over the the BFG's. especially considering the price diff.

14. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Except for grabber at2 almost the same but better and cheaper.

15. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

%100 agreed :salute:

Ck out the reviews compared to the overpriced bfg http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarticles/wheels/129_0709_general_grabber_at2_tire_test/index.htmland another http://www.4x4review.com/Reviews/Pr...neralGrabberAllTerrain/tabid/440/Default.aspx

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008