1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A Good Snow Blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FREDSKI, Sep 12, 2006.

FREDSKI Member

Hey Guys Whats A Good Name Brand Snow Blower To Buy?. Ill Be Useing It For A Condo Complex . Scrathing My Head So Many To Choose From. Any Info Will Help Thanks
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

The only one that I ever had was a John Deere 1028. It was a strong snowblower and it would go through anything. I would give it a 9 out of 10. The only problem was that it blew through sheer-pins like crazy. I would rplace about 8 a year just using it on my driveway. I don't know if it was just mine or the model. Once you get the hang of replacing them, it takes no time. Just always have the tools with you.
  3. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Assaloni makes great blowers. Made in Italy and the dealer in the US is Mog Implements LLC.

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Ariens makes great snowblowers. Mine is older than dirt but runs and runs. I 'll never sell it.

Just don't but the Home Depot homeowners versions. Professional grade will cost more but will out last it buy a long shot.You want one with a cast iron gear case. DLE models have the good one.
  5. Adair350

Adair350 Member

I agree with YAZ about the Ariens but also look at a Toro. We just have a sno-pup but I plowed through about 20" of mid weight snow with it one night on a small hill drive I would'nt chance driving down and it never bogged.