1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A good old truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wyldman, Apr 4, 2003.

1. wyldman

wyldman Member

Found an old pic today.

One of the first trucks I purchased for the biz back in 87.Was an 86 F250,6.9L diesel,C6 auto,NO options.Installed a Diamond 8 ft plow,Timbrens,a limited slip rear,2 way radio,and a few lights.Ran it for 6 years,and 250,000 before I sold it.Tthe guy I sold it to is still plowing with it to this day.Odo broke at 350,000 so who knows what the mileage is now.Only thing I ever put into it was ball joints and brakes,and a gas tank.Even the TTB held up OK.Kinda miss it,always liked the early 80's Fords.

Oh well...here's a shot of it.

ford.jpg

2. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

thats a nice old truck!

3. szorno

szorno Senior Member

I don't have any digipix of my first truck. It was a '73 dodge 3/4 T camper special 360 engine with auto trans and meyer 7.5 ft std. This is our current old favorite. We call it snow white. It is a 90 Dodge 3/4 T with 360 and auto and Western 7.5 ft pro plow, 200 gal mag chloride system in the back. It has been our workhorse for 6 years now. My 19 year old son now runs it.:)

snow white 3a.jpg

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

when it snows i break out old faithfull
    79 f250 stick after the big storm i swear my left leg was bigger than my right after plowing for 3 days
    86 f250 not a straight peice of metal even the roof is dented

when you scratch or dent these trucks it doesnt hurt as much as my newer truck

cardoctor

5. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Have to love those "old" trucks:D

I still miss plowing with my 74 dodge power wagon.looked like heck but it was a bear in the snow.

Got t- boned in it and totaled it out, fixed it with all juck yard parts and it ended up being about 4 colors, with dents and dings all over it. :)

It was a 318 auto tranny,full time 4 wheel drive with Posi in rear.

Flat bed with removable sides.

Dan

6. lwnmwr1

lwnmwr1 Junior Member

hey what's the yellow tanl?? deicer maybe??

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'm reporting Wyldman to PETA!!!!:eek:

Poor, poor puppy dog....;)

8. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Heres my first plow truck and No laughing. Its a 2001 Dodge 2500 with a 360.

green dodge.jpg

9. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Heres my second one. 2003 Dodge Cummins.

blue dodge snow picture 005.jpg

10. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I will try to get some pictures of the newest 2003 tomorrow while I am out plowing.

11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Nozzleman, post that on the "Picture of my rig " thread, Wyldman's got this thread set up for older iron.

I've got to get my buddy to scan photos of my old '81 F-350, before and after restoration. I got a lot of service from that good ole' truck, a Jeep Cherokee put it in permanent retirement.

12. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Sorry pelican your right. If you can just delete them.