1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a good deal

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by stunter2boy79, Oct 24, 2009.

1. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

found a 89 f 250 w a myers 7.6 on it. truck body in pretty good shape cept rust in bed wheel wells n a cab corner. truck has 89xxx miles on it. pump has been rebuilt n has another pump ready to be rebuilt. New wheel bearings, new u-joints, new clutch, serviced 4wd, new front gas tank, new heavy duty battery etc. as of last year (approx. 500 miles ago). will need new tires also. no leaks that i have seen, oil pan is good also. test drove it today n will need new rotors n steering is a lil loose compared to what im use to driving which is a 80 k5 blazer n a s10 blazer. guy wont let it go for under 3500 but i think its worth 3. what do you guys think?
  2. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

i dont know much on repairs for SFA trucks but do know IFS. would take the truck somewhere to have it look over 100% once bought to find out what needs to be fix asap. blade is in great shape just surface rust on it. should i be worried much on the truck due 2 age? will be subbing for a buddy of mine and if the truck fails i do have the k5 as a back up so. o has a 302 also
  3. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

anyone yhinks its a good deal to pick up?
  4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

seems pricey for a 89 id keep looking for that money you should be able to find a 94-97 gasser.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Keep looking...better deals are out there.
  6. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

thanks guys
  7. revtoyota

revtoyota Member

hey stunter I just got done looking for a truck on auto trader. and found a few in ohio under $4000-6000 and 98 and/or newer trucks with plows..