1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A funny start to the day

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by nor'easter1, Feb 7, 2011.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Well after 18 years of plowing you think you would not suffer from rookie mistakes. The other morning I was warming up my 08 f350 xlt and waiting there in the quiet of the early morning. I noticed some ice chunk stuck in my driver side rear tire well. Well I gave it a kick and pssshhhshss air is flying out. I kicked the ice chunk into the valve stem what a fool to put it nice. Changed to the spare and went salting. Valve stem cost $4.95 to fix so there are worse situations. However I did not know that the tires on these truck are fitting with sensors. Question is how to get rid of that stupid low tire pressure sign that flashes on the dash as well as the symbol that looks like an upside U. I hope it is as simple as getting rid of the seatbelt chime thing I did along time ago. Any suggestions the tires are not low I think when the spare was on it tripped this system ford has.
  2. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

the low air sending unit is in the valve stem. if you changed it and did not pull it out you need to get a new one. i think you have to get all 4 .

or you can remove the one from the spare.
  3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

You do not have to get all 4. You can simply get one and then have the TPMS system relearn the tire position. It will not be cheap though, the sensors are costly, not to mention a tech's time to mount and reprogram.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Could be worse. My Daughter came into the house from starting her Car when it was damn cold out. Said Dad, Why is your truck sitting at an angle? I go out and look. The passenger front tire is FLAT ! I have to be at the ambulance station is 30 min. Had to drag out 50 foot of very stiff hose to inflate the tire. The stem is leaking around the rim.
  5. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Why do they put these things on work trucks. Time for a piece of electrical tape on the dash . If I can't tell one of my tires is low take away my license why is common sense gone!