1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a fue questions about my 03 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rockwood330, Jan 4, 2010.

1. rockwood330

rockwood330 Junior Member
    from ohio

i have a 03 2500hd 93000mi westen pro plow 7'6'' .... that i have plowed with the last 3 years including this one i have a strange squeak coming from driver side front when i have the plow on the truck ... would like some input on possible reasons on the cause .... also my service 4x4 came on for a short time 2 day i turned the truck off for long enough to run in the store when i came out and started it it was off ????... thanks for the for your opinions in advance ...

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

As for the squeak, when does it occur? While actually plowing or just having the plow on? Could be something that needs to be greased that only happens with the extra weight of the plow on. I know I'll get a belt squeak once in a while when snow comes over the plow and into the grille.

3. rockwood330

from ohio

farmer ,,,
    it happens with the plow on or off in forward or reverse also when turning right it seems to b the noisiest

4. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Does it happen in 2 wheel drive?

5. rockwood330

from ohio

yea 2w or 4w

6. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a wheel bearing.

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'm thinking a wheel bearing too based on what you said rockwood.

8. coral

coral Senior Member

fue???? few!!!