1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a friend of mine and I have a new idea for ...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JCurtis, Feb 7, 2003.

1. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

an Internet weather site....

The url is gonna be

www.openyourdamnwindowandlookoutside.com What do you guys think????? :rolleyes:

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Where do I sign up? I'll get a check in the mail tomorrow. :drinkup:

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I think your marketing the same technique employed by every weather man i know,so i for one am not about to shell out 1 red penny:D

4. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Arc Burn, I totally disagree. I don't think one of them has ever opened the window and actually looked outside....

5. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Damn, another missed opportunity... :realmad:

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

digger,ya got me there,maybe they don't open the window,but they gotta at least be lookin out it?maybe?

7. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

nah digger is right watched weather today at 12 in the afternoon said storm should end in my region pointed to my county with about 5 inches on the ground meanwhile there was 8" on the ground and still falling heavily. (got about 11 all together)
    Eric

8. bds landscaping

bds landscaping Junior Member

good call its really the only way to find out what the weather is really doing

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I always said if you want to know just lok out the window.Our weather main said 5 computer models said it would br the lower of the amounts and one said it would be the higher of the totals posted and you know what they where both wrong it was higher than eighter one> go figure weather prediction is so easy .:p

10. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Put the service on Ebay, I bet you can get some new subscribers :D

11. neighborguy

neighborguy Junior Member

I think that you would be better off (more accurate maybe?) if you went to the closest old folks home and asked all the reients if anyone has any aches or pains that they commonly associate with precipitation. I haven' had the time to test this theory but I don't think I would be any worse off than the look out te window technique.

12. I'm Sorry! But I AM LMAO!!! Hurry, You know the early birds get the worms and the cash!

[​IMG]

13. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Well they guessed 1-3 for friday's event here & we got 7", and they guessed 3-4 for today's event here and we got 0". Guessed 4" under for one storm and 4" over for the next one, so I guess they are even for February?? The real business you could probably make money at is taking the odds on how close they verify to their forecasts. I got $50.00 on the under for the next weekend event, any takers? payup

14. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Sounds like a great idea. That's about that it seems the stupid weather men do anyway. Here in MA I think that the score is Mother Nature 10 - Weathermen 0

15. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I like the old "weather rock" theory. You ever see these? Large stone suspended on a chain. Saying goes something like, "if rock is wet, its raining..if rock is hot, its sunny...if rock is perpendicular , its windy.. you get the idea:D

16. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

BRL - I'll take that bet, $50 it is! Hey, this might be a great way to make some extra money!

Chuck B.

17. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

OK Snoworks,
    Now the problem is, the upcoming event for my area? or your area? Which forecaster? NWS, Local TV or Radio, DTN etc. etc. Who verifies? My ruler, NWS reports? LOL Ah forget it, there's too much to keep track of and it's too much of a hassle, just send me the 50 bucks & we'll call it even. ;) :D