1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A Friend needs help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJ Contracting, Nov 27, 2004.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

First please don't send this to the truck forum I think that theres alot of good knowledge from everybody. So with that I ask if the frame bracket (Curtice 8' plow) from a 2001 Chevy 1/2 ton fit a 2004 Chevy 1/2 ton frame or was there a big difference in frame, just from looking at the frame it does not look much different with the exception of a couple of holes that need to drilled. Also will the headlight wiring harness work with this truck again we are going from 01' to an 04'.
  2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

DJ......Your in the same boat as I was. Swapping a Western from a 01 to a 04.

The push bar swapped no problem. But I had to buy a new light wiring harness, plow lights, and switch from the relays to the isolation module.
    Pretty spendy at $733 bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All this because of the difference in the headlights.

You have a Curtis tho...........I would call the dealer or check their web site.
    I wonder if they have a plow selector with part #s like fisher and western do?
    Then you could figure something out.............

Prob. if your handy you could "cob" the existing wiring to work...But like I was told beacause of the different headlight setups on GMs it could lead to big problems down the road................geo :cry:
  3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

This sucks when a thread get moved to an area that nobody cares to look if any body knows if the Curtis frame bracket from a 01' chev. fit a 04' chev. they are both 1/2 tons I would hate to spell out the full name of the truck.