1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A frame snapped?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tilelayher, Dec 20, 2009.

1. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

Plowed about 20 hours yesterday in storm last 2 hours noticed no side to side on plow. Eventually no up and down. Realized the pump was dry ran out got hydro fluid and a new hose. Got back got it up and then saw I busted a cylinder, no biggy but the plow is disconnected from the A frame. Is this a bolt or a weld that snapped? Truck is an 03 f250 SD with a classic ST-7.5 and e 60 pump. Any input would be nice after a long night. Was supposed to go back out in the am but I am stuck.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Posting a pic would help but it sounds like you need a welder.

3. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

Here are the pictures. It looks like a bolt would connect the 2 parts

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

4. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

yes a bolt is suposed to be there. You got lucky usally I see the a frame broken off but yours looks like the bolt fell out.Use at least a grade 8 bolt and make sure the nut is on the bottom.

5. fernalddude

That is just a lost bolt not broken frame. Thats a simple fix you have to colapse the rams so you can move the a frame back in position. You can use a bolt but there is a piviot pin that they make.I use SS bolts and as 84deisel said the nut goes on the bottom so if the bolt breakes it does not fall out.

6. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

where can I get this pin?

7. fernalddude

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009