1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a frame repair

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jayrock, Nov 30, 2008.

1. jayrock

jayrock Junior Member

Ibelieve what has happened was that over the years of use the center bolt on the a frame has ripped out do any of you that have had this problem have a fix for this it looks to have a piece of plate that is welded to the a frame that almost looks like an A i would like to get this fixed before i start plowing:cool

2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

on different plows i have welded in thick washers to the top and bottom, welded in a bushing and built new a frames as i've busted them. Putting washers in is about the easiest though. you could also try a bigger bolt too.

3. LIBERTYLANDSCAP

LIBERTYLANDSCAP Member

Mine broke last year & I could not find anyone that had stock. I took mine to a local weld shop & they fixed it with a MIG welder & about 20 minutes:nod: Cost me $40 & works like a charmxysport