1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A-Frame/Mount Adapters- A-Frame Needs to be 3" Wider

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Earl W., Jan 6, 2011.

1. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

I have a plow that I need to switch over to a truck that has a 3" wider mounting. A frame is 24", truck mount is 27".

Does anyone know if fabricated adapters are available or has anyone made any to widen A-frame by 3"?

I'm picturing some sort of an offset maybe bolted to the a-frame or maybe a collar/tube around the 1" square stock, and another piece of 1" sq stock run parallel with a spacer and maybe a longer pin to go through both.

The other option would be to weld another two rings on the mount.

Just didn't want to 'reinvent the wheel' so I thought I'd check here first. BTW- this is for off road/farm type use so the truck is not tagged , so the welder would need to make a field visit$$$.

Let me know your thoughts, Thanks

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

P/M sent

TOM

3. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

I Just added another sets of brackets on the truck side mount to make it work, in fact i only had to weld 2
    2 1/2" x2 1/2" 3/8" flat steel on the inside of the originals and now it will fit both sizes plow A-frames.

4. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

Yeah the best/strongest prob would be the extra flat steel inside. Thanks

5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Post some pics.

6. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

Here's what I have now.

Photo0069.jpg

Photo0070.jpg

7. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

weld 2 tabs to the bottom of the truck side frame to fit inside the a frame. You may need longer pins but tractor supply or southern states would have some that would work.

8. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Sorry, I guess you pretty much said that already