1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A-frame identification?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by SKYNYRD, Feb 4, 2009.

1. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

can anyone help me properly identify this western A-frame? this is the first western i've ever had. i believe it to be an old conventional plow but don't know for sure. we got the blade from a friend who used to own a junkyard and whoever dropped it off only dropped off the blade and A-frame. even if we cant identify this one does anyone know if the uni or ultramount styles will bolt up to my quadrent? i'm not worried about it fitting the hitch on the truck. i have more pics in an album on my profile page (the one i'm putting in this post is from when we first got the plow a couple years ago) i could also take more or, get measurments if needed. thanks for the help! :salute:

A-frame.jpg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Its a conventional mount. And in no way compatible with either an Uni or Ultra.

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

thanks b&b! do you know if anyone out there might still sell a new one for the conventional plows or is my best bet to check the junkyards?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They've long been discontinued but since there's still many around I'm sure with some digging you could source a nice used one.

5. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

that's what i figured. i just want to get one to have as a back up. thanks again :)