1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A frame diff on Meyers Custom and Classic mount??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cpd427, Nov 17, 2010.

1. cpd427

cpd427 Member
    from ohio

Can a blade and A frame from a Meyers Custom Mount (the kind that mounts behind the bumper) be used with a Classic Mount? Is the A frame for the Custom mount longer?
  2. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

I use one on my truck, it's about 5" longer, and when on the vehicle, it puts the center of gravity forward a bit, but I've yet to have a problem(I use ballast). The shorter one can be had for about 3 bills on ebay, or Millsupply.com Save your money and use what you've got!
  3. cpd427

cpd427 Member
    from ohio

Anyone know the measurements of an A frame for a Classic Mount?
  4. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

I think its 38 inches. been a while since i measured mine but mill supply says its 38 inches too. they label the custom as 34" so around a 4 inch difference. Ive never used an oder style A-frame myself but i remember reading posts on here about others who did and said it caused no problems. might want to do a simple search and check out some of the older posts to make sure though.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

31" or 34" depending on which sector your talking. Just for reference most conventional mount A-frames were 38".

Don't be afraid to run the extra length, it makes it nice for "reaching" into areas with the blade and helps with stacking. However if you want to run it shorter it's no big job to shorten your existing A-frame. Simply cut the rear cross bar (with the mounts) off, shorten the angles to whatever you wish and weld the cross bar back on. I shorten and even lengthen them quite often. Much less expense than a brand new A-frame as long as it's still in good shape.
  6. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

I use a conventional A frame and blade with my 9' on my truck , like was stated it will be fine and the extra length is nice.

Only thing I will mention is it does put the lift chain at more of an angle from the lift arm to the A frame , if it concerns you it can be modified .