1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"A" frame arm follow-up

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ranbro, Dec 24, 2001.

1. ranbro

ranbro Junior Member
    from 21207

Well, guys, it`s like this...
    `scuse me, cause I forgot how much a old flatulent person I`ve become, & whom I`m interacting with now...

Yes, I`m referring to "Control Arm" bushings...(my generation referred to them as "A" frame arms, because that`s the general shape of the component, & at the time, they were only on the front)

I`m the one who got the one WITHOUT the easy, convenient, time-saving, labor-friendly grease fittings.

More than once.

So, "Stupid" here, needs a lube to PENETRATE the BUSHINGS on the "front control arms, upper & lower", to prolong their effective life, so I don`t have to bust my gut REPLACING them.
  2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

If its at the point you feel they need lubricating, their "effective life" is in effect up. Bite the bullet replace em and good for another 200k.
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Over time,pentrating oil will usually make rubber bushings swell,and distort,like was mentioned,if they are that bad,they are gone.I know the thought of doing that job isnt fun,but the truck will handle much beter,and braking becomes more responsive,and even.You wounldnt believe how much worn control arm bushings can deflect,under noraml driving,and they really get worked out braking.
  4. chevroletwizard

chevroletwizard Junior Member
    from indiana

well if you have your heart set on greasing them you can get a greasing thing for putting grease in cv joint boots, it is a zirk fitting with a hypodermic needle attatched. it save replaceing a cvjoint in a car for me once , for a couple of bucks at the zone