1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A-frame and back of plow using Rhino Lining before paint?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Pat M, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Pat M

Pat M Member

So my used 8' Fisher HD plow is in the garage all torn apart. I have been working on it a little bit at a time stripping it down completely and was thinking. Since we all seem to have rust buildup issues has anyone used Rhino Lining on the A-frame and the back side of the blade rather than just straight paint. I was thinking of coating it with the Rhino Lining like I did the bed of my truck and then when I paint it shoot it with what ever paint I repaint the blade with. Has anyone done this or would it just be a waste. Would not add any weight to the plow just feel it should be a little bit better with protecting it from rusting again in a couple of years.

Thoughts, concerns or comments welcome.

2. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

good question, i would be interested in knowing also...

3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

all your really need to do is coat it with Fluid Film and you will not have any rust issues...I coated my whole push frame with a bedliner material when it was brand new and I still had rust within a year. I now recoat with Fluid Film every 3-4 month an no more rust. The entire frame of my plow is also coated......no rust........

I also FF'ed my spreader with no rust isses... try it, you really have nothing to lose

4. Pat M

Pat M Member

Now that is the kind of stuff I just don't get. How is it that even after someone coats the frame or even plow when it is brand new it still continues to rust. You would think that with that coating on there it would of sealed everything in. My truck bed still looks brand new with no rust after 3 years of the bedliner sprayed in there. It takes a beating and nothing rusting or destroyed. I guess I will just give it a couple of coats of primer and make sure everything is all sealed up before I shoot it with paint. Now what color do I end up repainting it is the question. White to match the truck or something different. Don't want to go with the Fisher yellow for some reason. Oh well time to play with that part of it. But I might still try the bedliner and see how it works out.

Thanks for the info.