1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A fix for road grime covering the windows while driving!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by streetfrog, Jan 17, 2008.

1. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Goto your local hardware store. Get a roll of plastic lawn edging. Measure from the front bottom edge of wheel opening to the bottom of the mud flap. Cut pieces of edging to that length,
    Then use self tapping screws to attach it to the wheel well inner edge. It sticks out far enough to keep all the grime from spitting up onto the sides of your truck and windows as most of it is sticking out.( it is about 5 1/2 - 6 " wide)
    It doesn't look to bad, kinda like fender flares but a whole hell of alot cheaper. about $6 for the roll of edging and about $4 for a box of 1" self tappers with the Phillips heads. I will take a pic of mine to show you guys.
    I used to have my truck covered with salt/sand from the roads and couldn't see out at all. Now I rarely have to clean my windows anymore.:D
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Jeff Foxworthy & Bill Engvall want your number! It's creative, though. :drinkup:
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You know your a redneck, when you steal your neighbours lawn edging to make fender flares!:D j/k It's actually a good idea it will go great with my new window defrosters. :drinkup:
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  4. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

What?! and why?! lmao. Does you defroster setting not work?
  5. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

LMAo @ the defrosters. That is wAY more redneck than mine. Mine at least look decent and pretty good/normal when installed.. And to answer the last posters ? the defrost never gets the little strip below the wipers in the middle.
  6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That is funny!
  7. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

haha, got to love those defrosters.
  8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

That is too funny. I could not stop laughing