1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A few Trucks i have outfitted

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kitn1mcc, Sep 15, 2008.

1. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i dont plow myself (not now any way) but i mostly do upgrades and lighting systems here are a few trucks

2005 Silverado 3500
    lights whelen L31 LED Beacons,Tir3 in grill and on Side,tir6 500 series in Rear.500 series S/T/T and all Whelen LED Clearance Lights.Radio Motorola Maratrac VHF 100 Watts,Down Easter Sander remount new Fisher V

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more here
    http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/kitn1mcc/lous truck/?start=20

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

2007 Silverado 2500hd with fisher

Whelen Dominator T/A in rear whelen lin 3 in grill/rear Motorola spectra

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

My Good Freind TJ truck a Work in Progress it is a 2000 f250 with a myers
    So far Whelen L11 beacons and Motorola Spectra
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

How do the Whelen L11's look in the daylight?

And the mounts those are the high ones right, you can get lower backrack light mounts. Not liking how high above the cab they put the lights. unless they are home made.

5. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the L11 look great in the day light. they use 4 light Columns i would compare them to the 800 strobe

i used the back rack mount for the small base strobe to make it look nice the lower mounts are made for the bigger based light

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice work.:drinkup:

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i love the switch panel in the ford

nice work

8. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

Hi did you have to purchase both beacons seperate or as a kit? I am interested in getting some beacons to mount on my rack body truck. Can you make both lights do a pattern like the left one flashes then the right one? How much do one of these setups cost and where can I buy it? Thanks

9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Some very nice work & trucks!!! I really like how much lighting you give the rear, I see ALOT of guys putting tons of lights in the front but hardly any in the rear, where most people will see.......

10. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

where can i get a cb radio like that. i have been looking everywhere.

mike

11. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

clean work. i see youre in CT, are you a supplier? or just do the installs?

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Very nice.....06 needs some lights in his truck!

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice work, I like the setup inside the cab of the f250

14. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

im interested as well, hows the reception on those radios? are they better than the cobras?

15. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet Work

16. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

well lets see were to start

the radios are not CB they are on VHF High band. they are the same thing you find in a police car or fire truck. the one in the f250 came from phonenix Arizona. to legally Operate them you need to get a fcc licenses and frequency i set up a years back a few of my customers with there own frequency and licenses before rebanding so they could use the old "wide band Channel" i i am on 159.855MHZ i am good for 150 watts mobile and at the base station.

as for the console i lucked out and found that on E-bay for 65 bucks new they go for around 350.00. i used switches from http://www.Waytekwire.com they offer good prices and in bulk. or check out delcity.com

the Beacons are Whelen L11 the can be synced together as well as to any other whelen LED http://www.whelen.com/pb/Automotive/ProductSheets/Beacons/L11_Super-LED_Beacon.pdf

yes i also Resell whelen Products i have a deal with one of the local supplier here. i can do a pretty good for price but i will admit some of the big guys beat me on price cause they buy stuff in quantity and they can charge a lil less (like A and W and Siren net) but unlike them i am willing to use anything in the product line and get things dropped shipped. i like setting a truck up correct and going over things almost like a lighting consultant

as for more lights to rear thats were they are needed on work/plow trucks straight on front is just not needed as much. i have been pushing more side protection as well

17. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Ah no small base and lower mount, him that sucks.

18. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

The Whelen L11, among other Whelen beacons have Sync, which let you sync up the flashes, or Alternate them. I'm looking to do that on a truck now.

19. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the lower style is for a bigger base like a super strobe/L31,32 or the style for the min bar look on backrack.ca

20. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback, a few questions though, these beacons seem pretty expensive but i assume they'll last forever? Are the L21's any better? It says they have 21 different patterns how do you change them? Also why is there ones with a low dome and others with a high dome whats the advantage, just height clearance? Thanks