1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A few ?'s - Box plow and spreader?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Aug 24, 2008.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

S205 bobcat - which box plow is the best money can by?

Spreader - mostly sand in my area. Mounted in an 08 GMC 2500HD. Which one?

I do alot of snow already and looking at these options to expand and not sub this work out.
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i use this and like it best http://www.kageinnovation.com but for a regular pusher i think daniels w/ the metal trip edge is very good,

as far as spreaders i prefer the dual electric stainless steel spreaders from Smith Metal Works out of New York
  3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I have a Pro-Tech and an Avalanche. I've used about everything out there and I'm sold on the Avalanche as being the best built pusher for the money out there.
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I actually hope the new Artic Sectionals are the best because I just bought 2 of them but any steel edge trip box blade should do a good job
  5. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

youll hear me say this to everyone. SS airflow spreader. but in reality and SS or poly spreader will do fine.

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Artic Sectionals? how much? how big? what size skiddy?
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a 12 ft and a 14 ft backhoe models. At the Sima show they were about 10k for both. I'm putting them on 2 95 hp JD tractors. http://www.sectionalplow.com/sectional-sno-plow/