1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A few questions..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AmPlower, Oct 29, 2003.

1. AmPlower

AmPlower Junior Member

Beleive it or not, I actually got my western pro-plow off my 91 k2500 tonight. Many of you are now probably thinking, what the..
    its almost winter! I just had the tranny redone in it, $2600 is now has good reverse and a shift kit. Plowing is pretty much not worth it to me right now with this truck, shes gettin kinda tired. The set up is the older western "una-mount" with a 7' 6" pro plow blade with back blade and the rubber deflector, everything works and it was a decent plow last winter. How much do these plows go for now a days? I've looked in the paper to see what they are going for and all thats in there is new or really old setups.

I'm hoping to sell it and eventually get my old fisher speedcast out of the weeds and find an old 1 ton 4spd chevy to put it on and do some small plowing jobs. What do you guys think of the old speedcast plows? I've had a bunch of offers on mine, but I really like the setup, however I dont hear much about them here, just wondering what you guys thought. -Mike