1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A Few Questions.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by njsnowremoval, Sep 26, 2010.

1. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Hey everyone im new to the industry of professional snow removal :drinkup: Ive been shoveling and snow blowing for 6 years now and now that im getting my license ill be starting a landscaping and snow removal company. i have a few questions for the snow removal industry 1. my uncle is giving me a super good deal on his 07 F-150 i already have a whole bunch of residental acounts and am starting to look into commercial, Can an F-150 handle plowing? does anyone have a picture of 150s plowing?, also do you guys have a minimum price to Drop your plow for residental accounts, people with small drives are asking? Thanks guys this would be a ig help also if the f-150s to small does anyone have any suggestions? thanks.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Yes you can plow with an F150, Will it hold up as well as a F250, no. will you be able to make money to buy a F250, yes

with the F150 stick to driveways.

3. njsnowremoval

I was thinking the same thing but i already have a few commercial accounts lined up so im also looking into a 2004 gmc 2500hd with this withstand commercial plowing?

4. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I plowed with a half ton chev for 7 years before I bought larger, just take it easy

5. njsnowremoval

Well there about the same price but the 150 i know the original owner but its a screw and its only a 5 foot bed, for landscapeing its a pita well ill have to see who will give me the better deal

6. 5280TOM

5280TOM Junior Member

You can do it with a 1/2T but on heavier snows you may find yourself taking a few more runs vs. pushing the truck beyond its limits...good luck!

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

have you thought about insurance?
    what are your operating costs?
    prices to plow vary ALOT from area to area.
    min I charge is $30