1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a few questions nned to be answered

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by clueless, Oct 29, 2003.

1. clueless

clueless Member
    from pa

i bought a 78 bronco with a fisher plow,power angle and such,need to mount it on the present one,another 78 bronco,i already have the valve block,and the engine driven pump mounted and plumbed for the time being,needs new hoses.i had the old front torched off,and dont remember the size of the bolts.i know they need to be grade8 atleast,but size of the holes in the front are huge.what size minimum would be the best to use,1/2" or 5/8".

also,anyone know of a place to get cylinders and fittings cheap.power angle cylinders and lift cylinder,and quick connect fittings,and possibly other odds and ends.

i had to replace my old plow vehicle,a 73 scout with a plow off a 66 scout cobbled on it.it lasted 13 yrs till the frame bent so bad it wont turn to the left anymore.the bronco was a deal,and the one it is going on was a deal also,one needs to be road worthy for plowing friends and family out.

any kind of help is appreciated,since the farmers almanac calls for snow this year,a lot !!

scout8.jpg

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Moved your thread here, you might get a better response.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

You need to use the proper size bolt that fits the hole.If it's too small it will move around,and the bolts will come loose all the time,or break off.They may have used different sizes in different places,so get a few different bolt sizes to try in the holes so you can make a list of exactly what you need.

4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

5. clueless

clueless Member
    from pa

thanks for all the answers.i found the origional manuals for the plow in a package of paperwork.seems the front was tweaked a bit,the previous owner hit something with it,but it all bolted up to the holes in the frame,which were there already.i had to drill 2 holes,thats it.

hydraulics work like a charm,flushed cylinders out,the angle cylinders are still sealed,the fittings from each were hooked together,nothing in my opinion got to them.the wipers on the cylinders look good even.

found out the pump i got is supposed to be set at 1700psi.nice setup.when i get some pictures ill post a few.

for a dumb class 8 diesel mechanic,i did good!