1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A few powerplow pics

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Raymond S., Jan 23, 2013.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Had a "relaxing" morning pushing a church. Brought along my youngest and decided to snap a few pics. First time in a while I've taken pics. I hate doing this place because it's all concrete. I've learned where the high spots are over time but it's still concrete. With the new plow and cutting edges it sure does scrape clean. Tried to take a video rolling some snow in scoop mode but it didn't work out that well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Rather push a foot of fluff then 4 inches of wet stuff.

3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

This was only about 4". Cold as hell too. Like pushing cotton candy. I've pushed this lot before w/ about 8" of nasty wet slop last year. Pain in the arse.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Pics or ban

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You better get a new computer!they are there.

6. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe they don't show up in Minnesota. I can't see them either.

7. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Why would you hate to do concrete? Is it just the lips and edges?

8. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

Pictures finally made it to Minnesota! Truck and plow look great. Once I switched my truck to a Blizzard we decided we won't by anything but a them from now on. Hopefully it snows again so I can use mine again, seeing your pics makes me just a little jealous.

9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

1.The attack angle of the Blizzard is steep which causes chatter on concrete. I just bump it up a touch and it takes weight off the blade which eliminates that.

2. Concrete eats cutting edges

3. It's always uneven. Just when you think you have a lot figures out WHAM!

That's pretty much it. If this lot were asphalt I could probably cut another 15 minutes off just by speeding up.

10. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Yes the Blizzards are productive. Only complaint is how low they sit. I'm not a big fan of the ground clearance on the front.

11. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice looking truck ! we're hopping for some white stuff up here tomorrow night.