1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A few pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Feb 9, 2015.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

I got hit with the plowsite curse. Not more than 3 days before this happened, I mentioned on here how I have not had 1 issue with our tractor. Well I get a call from my father who runs the tractor route and he tells me the lift linkage broke. I get there and find the weld around the adjustment link broke. We were able to chain it up and it finished out the route like that just fine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also I studded the tracks on our 299d. I was tired of ice skating around.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PTSolutions

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Creative but wont that scratch the hell out of the asphalt?

4. PTSolutions

the site it's on is all concete

5. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

No cab on the 299!??????!!

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Ok, wont that scratch the hell out of the concrete. :dizzy:

7. PTSolutions

The 299 has a cab, we just tarp it so as to keep frost and ice from building up on the glass. Less waiting to defrost.

The studs are sunk in enough to not cause any damage. They don't gouge so any scratches would be superficial at best and they'd disappear with normal traffic. Tracks work differently than tires as well.

8. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

What is the process or tool like that puts those in? Never seen it

9. redneckdiesel

redneckdiesel Junior Member

Did you notice a big difference with the studs? I have an identical Boss Skidsteer plow with the same wings too but my Deere CT332 won't push it due to lack of traction.

10. PTSolutions

The studs made a huge difference. I would put it on par with an mtl now. I got them from grip studs.con and you buy a tool with them for installation. I liked these the best because they have really wide three to keep them from pulling out.

I didn't want to drop a ton on polar tracks partway through the season. Especially since I'm only using the 299 instead of the asv because it has a much nicer cab. I bought 300 studs and still have a bunch leftover.

11. redneckdiesel

redneckdiesel Junior Member

Looks like they have three different models on their website. Do you remember which ones you bought? I have the same bar style track. Would 200 be enough in your opinion? I run the plow on a Kubota tractor right now but would love to have the CTL useable in the winter too. Right now, it almost is dangerous especially on any icy inclines.

12. PTSolutions

I bought the 1910's and the 4910 install tool. I estimated about 60 blocks per track, so thats about 240 between the two tracks. I just got two 150 packs to be safe.

13. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

What was the cost on this? Thanks.

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Without going out to see my ctl and how many pads each track has, to do it the same way as he did on the 299 I'd have about $375 into it before shipping.

Do you think you will have to remove the studs for your spring-fall work?

15. PTSolutions

Mark is spot on. It was between 350-375 shipped for 300 studs and tool. Took about 20 min to install.

Like I said, I don't have to use the 299 for snow, I just prefer it due to being more comfortable to use than my asv rc100, so considering polar tracks of 3-3500 then the install time, I just went this route for now.

16. EARTH5

EARTH5 Junior Member

looks awesome, can u remove the studs when spring comes??

17. PTSolutions

Yes the studs are easily removable.