1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A few pics of the old loaders

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DellDoug, Oct 18, 2010.

1. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

These are oldest machines. Our 721B and 821B they are 1995 and 1994 respectively.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

very clean looking. do you use those only for snow?
  3. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

any moire pics? they do not not look that old wow
  4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Those are way too old and falling apart, I think I better take them off your hands.
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Your oldest loaders are alot newr than alot of guys newest loaders in my area. They look like pretty nice machines IMO.
  6. pusher21

pusher21 Member

Thots some nice equipment you've got there!
  7. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

They look nice. I always like the Case's
  8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Case makes real nice equipment IMO. They are also way underated IMO
  9. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

They look way to perfect, how many times have they been painted?
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They look great Doug.
  11. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Plowed with a newer 721 for a couple of years, it was a plowing machine! Pushed a 20' box and never really lost power
  12. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Very cool looking.
  13. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

those units look in amazing shape for thier age!
  14. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Those loaders are still looking good. I would assume that you keep them inside during the summer. My '97 TLB has had the paint peeling for a couple of years now (only on the plastic hood). I also noticed something interesting in the photos. According to what you posted the 821 is a '94 model, and the 721 is a '95 model. I found it a bit ironic that the older 821 has a Z-bar linkage, and the newer 721 still has the "throwback" parallel arms (unless, of course, it's a tool carrier...then it's not a throwback). Are these loaders exposed to salt or other de-icers? If so, what are you doing to keep the corrosion under control?
  15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Very nice indeed, what are the hours on your machines? :drinkup:
  16. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Hi Everyone, Thankyou for all the compliments. Both these older machines have been painted twice in their lives. The 721 B XT has about 12000 hours on it as it was used for sewer and water work the first 7 years of its life and the 821B has 5800 hours on it. we used it the first few years of its life to load stone. Over the past 3 years we have rebuilt and restored both machines to as new condition. They have always plowed snow and are stored outside in the winter and summer. I forget this paint name but it also very special. It is the same paint that goes onto the machines when they go into the salt mines to work. It is supposed to last longer then regular paint and keep rust down. So far so good.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  17. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

We use 14ft High volume HD pushers on them. They have pushed over 30inch snow storms without any problems at all. big heavy machines do big things!! We love these machines...they are like the company pets now in the their twilight years!! :)
  18. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Looking good Doug...are you referring to polyurethane paint?
  19. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Not the poly paint. Its an old lead based paint that is usually only applied at the factory or in proper facility that can ventilate and spray this stuff. It is aparently somewhat toxic but is supposed to be best at resisting rust. Strongco charges allot to apply it and the usually only do it for the windsor/Canadian salt companies. It took some persuasion to get them to use this paint on our machines but that was 3 years ago...I think it might be worth it.
  20. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

You can see its different by how much deeper the colour is compared to standard paint.