1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A few pics of our small fleet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by agarf421, Nov 10, 2015.

1. agarf421

agarf421 Junior Member

Never made one of these fleet threads but figured I'd give it a shot! My old man used to own a landscape/construction/snow removal biz but sold his landscaping route recently. I do my own residential snow removal and sometimes sub for him and another company as well. Enough talking, time for pics!

My old Dodge 2500 cummins with an 8ft fisher mm2.... sold her right before the start of last season...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Replacing some broken headlights
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. agarf421

agarf421 Junior Member

As much as I liked that big bad cummins, the truck was beginning to get some body rot and had constant AC problems that I was getting tired of throwing money at. So I began looking for a new rig... fast forward to last december and I found myself a 2001 Ford F-250 lariat ext cab short bed gasser in mint shape owned by an old man, perfect for what I need. I convinced my pops to get himself a new western mvp plow to replace his 8ft straight western on his 2011 F250. I ended up with buying his 3 year old Western 8ft pro plow for 2 grand :redbounce:redbounce:D

Some pics the day I picked up the new truck..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Before I sold the dodge I was smart and swapped the street tires on the new ford for the bfg all terrains on the dodge.
    [​IMG]

Grabbed the back rack as well...
    [​IMG]

Figuring out a smart way to unload a $6k V plow off a dump trailer with out breaking the crate in half!
    [​IMG]

All unloaded in one piece :)
    [​IMG]

All pretty and assembled, a much better plow for that truck.
    [​IMG]

And my "new" blade waiting for me to install mounts and wiring on my f250
    [​IMG]

The only pic of us doing the install on my truck, a lift would of made drilling those mount holes a heck of a lot easier!
    [​IMG]

A little bit of time and cussing later and shes all good to go :drinkup:
    [​IMG]

Even though my fisher blade is gone, we still love fisher stuff too!!
    [​IMG]

The two chariots waiting for some more snowfall :nod:
    [​IMG]

Back after a few hours of plowing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few weeks ago... blown brake line :realmad: thankfully it happened when it was warm out and not when theres a foot of snow on the ground!
    [​IMG]

3. agarf421

agarf421 Junior Member

After plowing last year I noticed the A-frame did not sit level and would not scrape super clean when I used it, even when back dragging with the western back drag edge on.
    [​IMG]

Saw that the pivot bar was not in the correct position for my height of brackets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So after taking her out of storage to get her cleaned up and ready for this winter, I dropped it down to "position 2" in the instructions and the frame sits much more level and also lifts a bit higher then it did before. Also have the new heated, power tow mirrors in this pic as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. agarf421

agarf421 Junior Member

As of now the only plans I have left for my truck are to install the hide-a-way strobes I still have that I removed from my dodge, maybe an 05-07 headlight and grill setup, and I also have a pretty neat idea for a 12" LED light bar to be installed on the plow that I'm waiting for Mr. UPS to drop off soon. I'll update this thread with more useless pics if anyone is interested as time goes on Thumbs Up

5. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Looks great clean trucks.

6. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I like that red truck a lot. Deserves a vee lol

7. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Red and white, good colors.

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Truck looks good- but you're plowing for profit with passenger plates on that truck….. :nono:

9. agarf421

agarf421 Junior Member

Truck is registered under the business, and those are "pass-commercial ax fee 15" plates. Dmv said that's a loophole around running commercial plates and not having to letter the truck while still being covered under the commercial liability insurance we have. I love NJ insurance and laws....

10. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a solid fleet.

11. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Trucks look great. How many miles on the Ford, it looks super clean.

12. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Looks like it will serve you well. But I wouldn't call one truck a "fleet". You sub for your father, so he's a separate entity.

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You must have a sad life to bash people every chance you get.

14. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Hmmm interesting…..

What towns do you plow in?

15. agarf421

agarf421 Junior Member

Thanks! Small, but reliable Thumbs Up

Both are Fords. The red one is a 2001, one owner (I'm the second), and has roughly 96k on it now.. Never even had a hitch on it! The white one is a 2011 and I believe the old man has around 45k on it now.

Like I said, I have my own customers and if I get the chance I work along with him. He's downsized over the years, we used to have a few dump trucks as well but not anymore. Small, but still profitable is how it goes these days!

My resi's are mostly in Paramus/Ridgewood, we have a few lots in Paramus, Hackensack, River Edge and Teaneck as well. All I know is when I purchased the truck from Ford I told them it was getting registered under a business, being covered under the commercial liability for plowing, and I DID NOT want to letter this truck like I did with my dodge previously. That's what my registration and insurance say so its been good so far, insurance company says I'm also covered as well. Can't take any risks these days with everyone being so sue happy around here. How about you, where do you do work?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  16. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Glad to see someone else notices this also.

Very nice clean rigs here. We all start somewhere.

17. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Appears to be a solid start. Nice stuff.

18. agarf421

agarf421 Junior Member

Not really much of a "start", my pops has been doing snow removal for close to 30 years now but has slowly cut it down to mainly one truck... I think hes had enough with snow plowing at his age lol. I've just always had a thing for plowing snow, unfortunately my full time job hinders how much work I can do. I start a new job in January though so hopefully I'll be able to get more snow plow work in this winter! Thanks for all the good words guys!

19. agarf421

agarf421 Junior Member

Ahh some more pics, with questions. So this pro plow was purchased new with the white 250 in 2011 through a ford dealer. After two storms of plowing (not being abused) the quadrant or whatever western calls it was slightly "bowed" and turning into an "S" shape around each of the piston bracket attachment points. Many calls to western later and pictures sent in to them and they deemed it abuse even though it plowed two 3 inch storms since it was new at that point and did not honor the warranty.... So we purchased a new quadrant and I had a buddy do some welding so this wouldn't happen again, you can also see from the pics that the A frame touches the headgear even when the plow was in the 1st position on the pivot bar so I had him weld up small plates so this area on the A frame would never bend. This must be a flawed design because our old Pro plows unimounts never had this issue and every pro plow I've seen recently has had this issue... Oh well, its much stronger now.... Still miss my fisher :(
    [​IMG]

Before I sold my old truck with the fisher, I took that interesting float cable or whatever its called and installed it on my plow. It sucks that piston down super quick and is basically instant float, I like it.
    [​IMG]

If anyone else has had that quadrant issue stick up to western about it! They really should have warrantied that with it being only a few weeks old at the time.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  20. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Yes. Such a sad life. You should wish to be as sad as I am. How am I "bashing" someone by pointing out that one truck is not a fleet? I have one truck, and I'll be the first one to say that I don't have a "fleet".

I did also say that his rig should serve him well. Did you miss that part?