1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A few pics from Friday's storm in Ohio

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Plow King, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

I'll try to take some better pics as the season goes on. I had my alternator go out at 8pm and a line blow at 3am so I wasn't really in the picture taking mood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pics, I heard I the news that parts of ohio got a big wind/snow storm, did you get hit by it? looks like wet snow.

3. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

In the are I plow we got 6-8 inches of some real wet/heavy snow. 25 minutes away from me got ~2 inches.

4. pabaker66

pabaker66 Senior Member

My accounts in Richfield had 6 inches of snow and my accounts in Peninsula which boarder each other had 2-3 inches and my accounts in Akron barely had a 1/2 inch.

It was certainly a strange storm, We are watching what they say could be a big one coming the day after "Christmas.

5. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

where in cleveland are you? im out by chagrin falls area, the lot in chardon that we do had about 8

6. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

I do most of my plowing in Solon.

7. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

That was some heavy stuff. Might have some space issues after the next one, since it doesn't stack well...the last thing any seasonal wants to hear right now is anything having to do w/ extra charges for pile removal.

8. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

we have a bob evans that we do over that way

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics, good job.Thumbs Up

10. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

More pics from Wednesday's "blizzard"

Stacking snow:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

11. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

12. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

A little blurry, but this is a overturned car on I480 around 630am:
    [​IMG]

big bucket of snow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Nice work. Looks wet in those first few pics. Gotta love the ole CCLB for plowing. Can't wait to get rid of mine in the spring and atleast go to the short bed.

14. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

Yeah the set of pictures were of a very wet heavy snow. CCLB is a pain in the butt..I regret selling my ECSB everytime I plow.

15. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Do you leave the snow around and in front of the dumpster like in the pic?
    I have a gazillion dumpsters in all my lots and I only gets so close, I dont go nuts with clearing around them

16. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

I don't go crazy but i typically get pretty close so a truck can easily pick it up..that particular dumpster you mentioned is on a raised pad about 6 inches above grade so I don't mess with it.

17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics and equipment.