1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A few pics from a busy Fall season.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DellDoug, Nov 11, 2011.

1. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Been crazy busy around the shop this fall. New projects and ideas are taking up allot of time. Just thought I would throw up a few pics of some of our new toys. I hope they work as good as they look!! LOL!! Goodluck to everyone this upcoming season. Thumbs Up

The first few pics are of some new sidewalk machines called Ventrac. We have brooms and blades and salters for them. We have a pic of one of our new F750 Salt trucks getting the salter installed and we have one pic of a new drive in pile salter (hyd drive) for a skid steer.

2. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Very nice. I've always thought one of those Ventracs would be sweet to have. How many did you buy...just the two?
  3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Friend of mine is using Steiners and Ventrac's on his own property for the last 10 years with front mount blowers. He loves them! I have a Steiner as well which is more or less the same machine.

They are great and reliable!
  4. adamhumberview

adamhumberview Senior Member

top notch stuff as usual doug.. cummins ford :)
  5. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

We purchased a total of four units to try out. We hope they are as good as everyone says. We are going to run them next to our fleet of kubota products and give them a thourgh testing. I will report a little later what we discover.
  6. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Thanks Adam. Look forward to buying some salt off you this season. :) Cummins is hard to beat!! IMHO.
  7. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

very nice good luck this season

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

I have always liked those ventracs, Real nice equipment man.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Everything looks great! I have never owned a ventrac but I have always heard good things about them. I am to cheap to get something like that for my sidewalk guys they are stuck on 4wheelers when it gets really cold or windy I hand them my snowmobile helmet. Good Luck this season.
  10. adamhumberview

adamhumberview Senior Member

My fear more often than not is these smaller pieces of equipment are P.I.T.A to start at nights. Aside from that I think they will be a great sidewalk machine and will virtually be IMPOSSIBLE not to clear any pathway with that thing.

The pivot will prove to be easier to get tighter to the building and less clumsier than a kubota mini tractor.
  11. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Any reason why you went with a ford instead of a internatioal or freightliner or kenworth or anything else... You have quite a few Internationals dont you?
  12. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

Subscribed to see the updates about the Ventracs!!!
  13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Those machines look so nimble. Keep the pics coming.
  14. AndersonCS

AndersonCS Member

Looking forward to pictures. Someday I would like to get one.
  15. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Great looking equipment! Let us know how the skid steer salter works out! I've always wanted to fab one up. Are you putting a cutting edge on it?
  16. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Ditto on the updates about the Ventracs
  17. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

what all they said! lol
  18. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

As someone who has logged many hours in a Ventrac I can tell you this:

- They start fairly well, even in the cold.

- Those brushes are worth their weight in gold. However, check it out - something was wrong with a new brush we purchased - it would stall out every time you applied pressure to it and wound up being a factory defect.

- When they run, they're a great machine to have.

- Make sure to have an electrical guru/problem finder on your staff! We had tons of electrical problems with ours. One big thing was corrosion in/on the alternator which led to charging issues.

- Those glass doors are very expensive to replace if you bust one.

- Our machines required radiator fans for summer and winter - the blades are reversed for each season.

- If you're running belt driven attachments make sure to find plenty of spares!

Here is one of ours:

- Dan
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  19. RLS

RLS Junior Member
    from Alberta

Very nice looking F750! I have an older F650. What type/model is the sander mounted on it? Capacity?

20. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Is that skid steer sander set up so you can scoop it with the machine? or do you need someone to load you?