1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A Few Photos Of Properties With No Stakes

Discussion in 'Discount Snow Stakes' started by DiscountSnowStakes, Sep 6, 2012.

1. DiscountSnowStakes

DiscountSnowStakes Senior Member
    from Boston

You have a huge responsibility to your property managers when you win their snow removal account. Here are a few photos of contractors who did not stake their properties UGLY

http://discountsnowstakes.com/

2. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

where?12345678910

3. DiscountSnowStakes

from Boston

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Damn I was hoping for like WW3 destruction pics.

5. DiscountSnowStakes

from Boston

6. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

showing my ignorance here. but how would stakes help with the driveway edges? you gotta plow em? were they hitting them at high speed?

the turf one is a good one, ouch!

7. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I assume he's saying, had they been marked as a lip, a driver would know to lift up slightly rather than have it in float.

Guy I worked for, once used a bunch of different colors to denote, all kinds of different things, spray painted blue tops was one thing, orange another, red another. Etc etc etc. Don't ask me what they were now, lol, but for example, reds across from each other on a driveway to a lot, could mean, a big lip of a concrete apron, or something.

8. DiscountSnowStakes

from Boston

ha, i like that coding! complicated but efficient.... here, the plow driver didnt know this was the beginning of the driveway because it wasnt staked, just as chris said, didnt know where the beginning was, or lip, BOOM! bad result! stake it up

9. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

So you say put stakes so you can plow just at the edge of the drive . What do you do when it snows the next time and now the snow banks have frozen into cement ? You cant plow like that where I come from , stakes are a useless waste of money and time.

10. DiscountSnowStakes

from Boston

Jmac is coming in hot!

Jmac, once the banks are are piled high and frozen, of course you can see where landscape or walls begin and end, the problem is when there are no snow banks. then you get to a property at night and the powdered snow is completely covering the grounds. if unstaked, even the best plow truck driver in the country cant determine where to stop.

for companies that do strictly commercial, stakes are essential, for residential, its a crap shoot, but if you know the properties, you could prob pull it off.

anyway, send me your company name and address and ill send you 20 free stakes to settle the argument, you can test em out and see if they help, then let plowsite know. info@discountsnowstakes.com

http://discountsnowstakes.com/

11. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm still trying to figure out how staking the end of a driveway is going to prevent damage in the middle of the driveway.

I was also disappointed in the lack of pictures that were advertised in the first post. All I could find was a video.

12. DiscountSnowStakes

from Boston

ahhh, i see now, very sorry about that, the link broke, it was supposed to link to the blog which is now fixed and also listed below... plow driver didnt know where the driveway began, had plow positioned incorrectly

http://discountsnowstakes.com/blog/

13. DiscountSnowStakes

from Boston