1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A few interesting ways to unload logs

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SNOWLORD, May 12, 2011.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Sweet! But that's the same vid twice fyi

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I think I fixed it now.
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

That barge dump is sweet!
  5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

They showed the same type of barge on Axmen a few days ago. I thought the barge was going down til they explained they fill one side of the hull with water intentionally until it leans far enough to dump the logs. Very cool!

The truck is an interesting idea, but I'd hate to have to drive that thing with so little weight on the steer axle. :eek: Sure made a friggin mess when all the logs came off too...
  6. toyotaplow

toyotaplow Member

Personally if I was going to unload a truck that way I would put a hoist on it, a lot easier on the poor truck... That barge was pretty cool, never seen that before.
  7. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

X2 on the truck! Or chain it to something and just pull.
    Very little wave on the barge when it rolls back!
  8. toyotaplow

toyotaplow Member

Actually there is a guy near me that took a tandem dump truck and welded stake pockets on the box. When he is not hauling gravel he takes the tailgate off and puts log truck stakes in the box and hauls firewood. He takes logs about 10ft longer then the box and to the top of the stakes and unloads in seconds.
  9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I never would have thought of a barge doing that. Very cool.
  10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The first one, they was unloading sticks not logs. But, it was still pretty cool to wach.

I saw the same type of barge on Ax Men, it's pretty neat how they can do that.
  11. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

I have seen them dump logs like that in BC in the Fraser River (where the video was taken) but have never seen a truck lose a load like that. Little hard on the truck I think.
  12. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Just what i was gonna say.