1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a few improvements

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by oldrusty, Jan 7, 2012.

1. oldrusty

oldrusty Junior Member

Snow has been pretty scarce around here so far this winter so i figured the old plow truck was due. Went from this........

to this.......

now if we can just get some snow to plow
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

OK you painted the truck:rolleyes:
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

New bumper and boots too........................
  4. oldrusty

oldrusty Junior Member

Along with the new paint , wheels , and tires. I recessed two 4 inch light into the rear bumper and wired them in to work with the reverse lights. My electrical connections for the pump and plow lights were all getting pretty nasty looking, I rewired all the plow wiring through a roung pin tractor trailer style plug that i mounted into the front bumper. Now to remove the plow for the summer all I have to do is disconnect the battery cables and then unplug 1 plug and everything is ready to remove. Also replaced the old broken down vinyl bucket seats with a couple nice cloth buckets from a ford taurus.....much more comfy.....lol. I have many more pics but didnt want to bore everyone with a bunch of pics. I was just excited that nthis old rustbucket was shiny once again.:D
  5. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Nice job! Thumbs Up
  6. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

Can't recall the last time I saw such a nice commanche. Pretty rare sight these days. Looks great. You painted up the pump too...

7. oldrusty

oldrusty Junior Member

Thanks.....its not quite as nice as it looks.... The bed on this thing is really done for. I welded some patches in it and figure it will be good for another year or two. Its a shame to, from the cab forward its solid as a rock. i figured a little paint was the least i could do considering the amount of money it makes me every winter.