1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A few harvest pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SNOWLORD, Oct 27, 2010.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

2. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

you guys have some nice equiptment. how much land do yall plant
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice pictures. When I read the title I was expecting to se a logging harvester. HAHA I gues that's how it is being from Maine
  4. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Nice equipment. The tractors with tracks are my favorite. I think ive only seen one or two around here. And have never seen a combine with them.
  5. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

why is the roof open like that?
  6. TremblaySNOW

Is it like the dukes of hazard weld the door shut & jump out the roof LOL
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Cat sure makes a nice combine. Is it yours or do you get a custom harvester in?
  8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Cool pix. Love the Cat
  9. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Awesome equipment! How do the 20 inch rows work out for you??

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

JD Dave you guessed it. I figured you would. I would be embarassed to put my old junk on here. It is a friend of mines. The 20" rows are the way to go at least we think so. The tracks at times can be a godsend. The top is up just because we are having 55mph winds here today. This new stuff sure is a far cry from the old M farmall mounted 2row picker I remember when I was a kid. We also had a pull type combine that was 1row and let me tell you the number of rounds you made with that thing was just about enough to send you to the looney bin.
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking you might have posted pics of the combine before. LOL There's over 600k worth of equipment there so you need to get it over some land.
  12. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

The company i work for now has two 40 foot 24 row corn heads on their cat combines.. Pretty Insane! Challengers are nice too!
  13. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

And is that an 8430T?
  14. TremblaySNOW

So it acts as a spoiler?

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

yes it is you are correct
  16. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

That is some awesome equipment. I've always loved those Lexi combines.

Does cat still make them or are they out of the farming business? I know the Challenger tractors are their own brand now.
  17. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

What?. What?. What?. What?
  18. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

lol ........................
  19. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

farmer I work for just demo'd an 09 Lexion, they only brought an 8 row head for it. My first impression was holy s*** that thing is huge. Running the auger cart unlading on the go is kind of tricky with that long ass unload auger.

Kind of funny, in the 8 hours we ran it it blew a hydraulic hose to run the spreaders and had a massive coolant leak from a radiator hose. Not exactly a good show of performance if you ask me.... Overall seemed nice tho. 2 issues I had with it. 1) The windshield wiper motor is right where your looking at the head... and 2) You'll wear your your finger out turning the steering wheel so much to turn all the way. And it doesnt turn sharp at all with the tracks.

Oh and the fuel filler cap is way up there on top of the machine..... as if that makes sense
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  20. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

tricky???? the guy running the cart should be the one staying under the auger i only have a 6 row corn and 18 foot auger on my combine and its gravy even when i ran out west running 40 foot grain heads and 24 foot augers

and IMO claas lexion combines although look good they just do not perform the way i want a harvester to perform