1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a few fisher questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by superduty440, Oct 25, 2011.

1. superduty440

superduty440 Junior Member

Well I'm thinking about getting back into snowplowing this winter with my brother and a co-worker. My brother and I are thinking about getting a couple fishers. My brother is thinking about a HT for his f-150 (light and cheap). I have a 96 f-250 diesel and am thinking about an XLS. I love the idea of the wings. I always wanted to put fixed wings on my old plow but never got around to it. I realize the XLS may be a little heavy but I'm not known for beating my equipment so I think I can get away with it. At least untill I can buy another truck. What I'd like to know is, is it true that fishers dont come with cutting edges from the dealer? That just seems so wrong to me. I have never seen a plow without. also the wing edges on the XLS, I've read they are poly. do they have to be, or can you use steel? Thanks
  2. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

It is true that some of the fisher plows do not come with cutting blades, from what I have heard there reasoning is to take some of the weight off of the plow before the blades are installed. sounds a little crazy to me too. I always run a blade on my plows. Not all the plows from the factory come without blades. The XLS wing cutting edges are in fact made of poly, from what I've seen it is pretty thick. I'm pretty sure the poly cutting edge is there to cut down on the weight of the wing.