1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A Day Of Plowing Roads

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, Apr 2, 2011.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I took this video yesterday. It's a stuck single axle International plow truck being pulled out with another single axel International plow truck. The driver was backing up and slid into the ditch becouse it was so slippery yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkCFrHKK9EY

The plowing camp and the CAT 966 loader. The plowing camp may not look like much but, after you have bean up for over 24 hours it's like a suite in a 5 star hotel. The CAT 966 is the back up loader.
    [​IMG]

The view from the passenger's seat in the 1991 Ford L9000.
    [​IMG]

2. mercer_me

The view of the wing from the pasenger's seat in the 1991 Ford L9000.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That camp sure beats the hell out of sleeping in the truck.

4. mercer_me

Ya it does. I can't sleep in a truck. I can doze off but, I can never actualy sleep. The camp has two beds and there is tree drivers plus me that use that camp. Hopefully next Winter my uncle can put two bunk beds in there so there is a bed for everybody and we won't have to take turns.

5. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

No chains on the dumps??

6. mercer_me

No, usualy you don't need chains with a load on. But, this storm chains would have bean realy nice.

7. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

What kind of roads do you plow? For the local towns or private?

8. mercer_me

I don't plow them. My uncle has the road plowing contract for Belgrade, Maine. I just ride with him almost every storm. I'm probably going to plow for him two Winters from now.