1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A couple questions about Pull Plows.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Freddy_Kruger, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

1. Does a Daniel's Pull Plow trip? if not...

2. With those new back blades on the newer plows, the ones made for dragging the snow back, do they make pull plows not so necessary for residential driveways?

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Thats the general idea, how much better a pull plow is over a backdrag?

3. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

As far a I know the only one that trips is the Snowman.

A pull plow allows you to do everything in a forward movement so you wouldn't have to pull back from a garage door then turn around and push to the street. With a pull plow, back up to the door drop the front and rear plows and drive forward. I have found that there is far less wasted movement with one. Also have you ever tried to plow a turnaround with out a pull plow?

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I believe all the pull plows trip. Also, I don't think you'll find a back drag edge that cleans as well as a pull plow. Not even close. Plus the pull plows carry more snow and are designed to scrape in the direction you want to go. Back drag edges are really nothing more than a retrofit to make something work a little better, but the plow has no rolling ability. Cheaper, yes, but not as effective.

5. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

My 2 have never tripped. They more or less glide over the obstruction or if its really bad, you have to lift it up to go over it.

6. snowman are the only ones that trip... mine doesn't eithor

7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

Those Snowman look like great pull plows but I've haven't seen one around here.

Maybe tripping isn't that big a deal on pull plows? I mean you are driving forward..

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Correct.

Your front blade would trip 1st and you then know what to do if anything.

I use to do a pretty large factory that had 18 loading docks. I seriously looked into getting one just for those damn things.

Back in. Drop the rear. Drop the front and drive forward. If I still did that account or one like it i would own one now because trust me doing 18 docks at one place got the best of you some nights.

On a big snow trying to back drag the first 25 feet or so up a partial incline got to be frustrating to say the least. Getting stuck in reverse watching your back-end slide over and smack the wall is no fun.

9. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

Looks like Snowman tripped on the way to paying the bill to keep their website up and running.payup

10. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

My bad on figuring they tripped. Figured they all would trip. couldn't be that hard to engineer.

11. its not necessary, and they wont scrape nearly was well!