1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A couple questions about C plow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by ChicagoPlower, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ChicagoPlower

ChicagoPlower Senior Member

I was at my plow dealer today getting ready to get a back plow today and he told me the Hiniker C plow would be good alternative. I've never seen one in use plowing. For those of you that own them, how do they work in heavy or wet snow? Do they clean the driveways down to the pavement. The reason I was going to buy the back plow was to avoid packing down snow when back dragging and having a sheet of ice on the drives the next day. How's the ease of connecting and disconnecting from the truck? Thanks' for any feedback you have-

2. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Fairly easy to hook up. Scrapes down to pavement while in C mode. Haven't had any problems with mine yet. Plan to add their wings to it this year and it will be faster yet. Very good for driveways.

3. ChicagoPlower

Thanks for the reply cooter24- I've got a couple other questions for you if you don't mind. When pulling a lot of snow down a longer than usual driveway, does the blade still stay on the pavement without riding up? Does snow getting packed in the truck undercarrige ever cause a problem? A lot of questions because this plow is a lot of $$. Thanks-

4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Plow stays on the ground. I have pulled long lanes with out any problems. Never had any other problems. Like the hand held controller too.

5. ultimatetrucks

ultimatetrucks Junior Member

Guys love them that have them and I have a couple sold yet this year. Have 1 on our demo truck. Hooks up same as the std plow.

6. ChicagoPlower

I appreciate the info -

7. ernest

ernest Member

Hiniker

We have the c-plow and the v plow - both are great .C plow back drags great.We are going
    to add the ends to the C this year - box it in to pull back even more snow and also have less trailers. They are great plows !!

8. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Does hiniker offer plow ends/wings for the C plow? or are you just going to fabricate your own?

9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

They offer box ends with there plows. They are 90 degrees to the plow though not angled like most plow wings.